Quality built into everything we make. Since 1965, Best Way Stone has been providing superior quality products to the landscape market. Being a family owned and operated company has given us the ability to build strong, loyal relationships with our customers by creating positive experiences every step of the way – from the first moment of design inspiration right through to the delivery of our product.
Over the past 50 years Best Way Stone has consistently created new and innovative products, always pushing the limits of design and functionality. In the years to come, we look forward to building on that innovation in everything we do. It’s something that’s just built into the heart of our company.
To meet the needs of our constantly evolving clientele, Best Way Stone is looking to expand our Production Team. Located at our Head Office, the Night Shift Supervisor, will perform the following tasks:
- Mentor and develop production employees and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions
- Set a clear mission and deploy strategies focused towards that mission
- Communicate and ensure an on-going reinforcement of production performance indicators/requirements (i.e. health and safety, quality, customer service, cost, etc.).
- Accountable for ensuring the H&S of employees by utilizing tools such as regular safety talks, administering first aid, prompt and detailed incident investigations and follow up on recommended corrections.
- Supervise and train hourly staff of up to 15 people
- Plan, Schedule & Organize resources to achieve daily production goals
- Monitor and maintain established product quality requirements.
- Resolve employee concerns through investigating issues, identifying solutions and recommending corrective action to Human Resources
- Communicate daily shift issues with Senior Management
The qualifications for this position are:
- Minimum 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a fast-paced manufacturing setting required
- Secondary School completion is required
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Access and Excel programs for data entry and creating reports
- Experience supervising multiple production lines/departments is an asset
- Proven experience managing people and priorities within diverse environment
- Strong administrative skills i.e. proactive, accurate and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and follow instructions, and ability to read, retain and comprehend guidelines, policies and procedures applicable to the position
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to provide regular and predictable attendance.
- Strong computer skills
- Basic abilities with hand tools
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds
Thank you for your interest in Best Way Stone. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Best Way Stone welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.