Quality built into everything we make. Since 1965, Best Way Stone has been providing superior quality products to the landscape market. Being a family owned and operated company has given us the ability to build strong, loyal relationships with our customers by creating positive experiences every step of the way – from the first moment of design inspiration right through to the delivery of our product.
Over the past 50 years Best Way Stone has consistently created new and innovative products, always pushing the limits of design and functionality. In the years to come, we look forward to building on that innovation in everything we do. It’s something that’s just built in to the heart of our company.
As the Industrial Mechanic, your duties include:
- Performing the duties of Plant/Site Electrician in a safe manner. Keeping the facility compliant with regulations.
- Ensuring operation of electrical systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on plant equipment, programmable controllers, transformers, voltage regulators, and machinery wiring; following electrical code, manuals, schematic drawings, and other specifications; troubleshooting.
- Assisting with installations of new machines. Assisting in project management of electrical contract work as required.
- Repairing electrical systems and equipment by diagnosing malfunctioning apparatus. Repairing and replacing faulty electrical components by using testing equipment and hand tools to install relays, switches, motors, printed circuit boards, and position-sensing devices
- Scheduling preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance
- Programing automated machinery by operating, testing for malfunctions, and verifying repairs to and programmable controllers and end devices
- Maintaining electrical equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt
- Maintaining and updating plant electrical drawings / schematics ensuing compliance with E.S.A. Ensuring terminals boxes and terminal strips are properly labeled.
- Coordinating with Plant Manager any electrical work that will be performed by any outside electrical contractors.
The qualifications for this position are:
- A valid certificate of competency / license issued by the province of Ontario in the fields of “Industrial Electrician” “Electrician: Construction and Maintenance” and / or “Master Electrician”.
- Minimum 3 years Industrial Electrician or Master Electrician in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of plant safety policies and procedures.
- Good communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to details.
- Practical knowledge of machine operations in a manufacturing environment
- Basic Computer Skills
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot the following:
- 24 VDC, 110 and 480/600 3 Phase VAC electrical systems
- PC/PLC Control Systems
- Ability to read electrical prints/schematics
- The ability to safely operate power / hand tools and all related safety equipment
This position can be based out of either our Woodbridge or Uxbridge location; however, the successful candidate will be responsible for servicing both locations.
Thank you for your interest in Best Way Stone. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Best Way Stone welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.