Quality built into everything we make. Since 1965, Best Way Stone has been providing superior quality products to the landscape market. Being a family owned and operated company has given us the ability to build strong, loyal relationships with our customers by creating positive experiences every step of the way – from the first moment of design inspiration right through to the delivery of our product.
To meet the needs of our constantly evolving clientele, Best Way Stone is looking to expand our Production Team. We currently have an opening in our Woodbridge, ON Location for an Afternoon Production Supervisor. Candidates will have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a fast-paced manufacturing setting required
- Basic computer skills
- Experience supervising multiple production lines/departments is an asset
- Proven experience managing people and priorities within diverse environment
- Strong administrative skills i.e. proactive, accurate and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Basic abilities with hand tools
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds
They will also perform the following tasks:
- Mentor and develop production employees
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions
- Set a clear mission and deploy strategies focused towards that mission
- Communicate and ensure an on-going reinforcement of production performance indicators/requirements (i.e. health and safety, quality, customer service, cost, etc.).
- Accountable for ensuring the H&S of employees by
- Supervise and train hourly staff of up to 15 people
- Plan, Schedule & Organize resources to achieve daily production goals
- Monitor and maintain established product quality requirements.
- Resolve employee concerns through investigating issues, identifying solutions and recommending corrective action to Human Resources
- Communicate daily shift issues with Senior Management
Best Way Stone offers a competitive wage, an employer matched RRSP plan and a comprehensive benefit package.
Thank you for your interest in Best Way Stone. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Best Way Stone welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
|Job Category||Office, Plant|